Skip to main content

Password managers

A few months ago, the Google account of somebody I know rather well was hacked, hijacked and used for a phishing scam. It took him weeks to sort out the mess, get back his account and convince all his contacts (he is a newspaper editor) that he was, in fact, not stuck in London asking desperately for money. This prompted me to write an article about the importance of Internet security for this very newspaper, which will be published in one of the upcoming editions.

So, in this blog series I shall not concentrate on the importance of keeping ourselves well protected... suffice it to say, I realized it was high time to change my own habits. Instead, I will elaborate on why, to the thousands of readers of that newspaper, I recommended LastPass as the password manager to use.

I will split my musings into several blog posts, so read on...

Comments